Monday, March 28, 2011 | By: Grace Ann

Beng Chin Garden,Air Itam,Penang

Enjoying a morning walk is not complete without food. Typical Penangite!
After a long walk and admiring the sceneries at Air Itam dam, we decided to try breakfast at the coffee shop right infront of the parking lot on the road called Jalan Pasar. 'Pasar' is a malay word for Market. It's just walking distance to the market from where we are.

Koay Teow Th'ng was absolutely fabulous. I normally eat it when I am not so well but I would not mind ordering this again. The ingredients was just enough to satisfy me and I suppose most people. Go for it!
Koay Teow Th'ng - RM 3.00
Curry Mee was also tasty and had alot of ingredients in it. Instead of prawns which I normally get in my curry mee, this came with jelly fish instead. I do not eat blood but the aunty heard me wrong and put it in as well. She was kind to bring me an empty bowl after I corrected her though. Great service!
Curry Mee - RM 3.00
Next in line is Char Koay Teow, looks good but the taste is beyond good. Sadly it was rather bland and oily. Maybe a cook's bad day? Just a benefit of the doubt.
Char Koay Teow - RM 3.80
For those who like malaysian 'kuih-muih', try this Chai Tau Kueh which is fried carrot cake and steamed carrot cake in English.A nice dessert to end the meal.
Chai Tau Kueh - Around RM 3.00
And so is this though I would prefer not having the peanut to be apart of it. Guang Chiang as described by the lady seller is her creation of turnips, carrots, peanuts and yam all in one. It's just alright for me.
Guang Chiang - RM 0.80 (1pc)
Jalan Pasar, Air Itam
Air Itam Dam & the Beautiful Sun
Try doing what we did, have a nice stroll at Air Itam Dam just up ahead the road heading towards Kek Lok Si Temple, then come down and have breakfast. If you have tried other food besides mine at this place or somewhere nearby, please do leave a comment and share right here at Tasting Out Loud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment