Tuesday, March 25, 2014 | By: Grace Ann

Gala House Restaurant and Cafe, Penang

This 6 month old cafe is making quite an impression. For me at least. For my first visit, it impressed me to say Gala House gives a top notch quality service and food. I had very little breakfast and had done quite abit of walking in the morning, lunch was something I really looked forward to and I am so glad we came to the right place.

We were greeted with friendly faces and helpful services throughout our meal. I wanted a hearty and healthy meal so I ordered their Ceasar salad and tomato soup.  The roasted tomato soup is a recipe of a grand nanny of one of the owners. I have never been a fan of tomato soup or tomato puree etc. I liked it very much to my surprise. Next came the Ceasar Salad,  fresh and up to my expectations. 
Gala's Roasted Tomato Soup - RM14.90
Ceasar Salad RM 16.90
Cookie Crush as the name suggests has cookies crumbles almost like powder in the espresso with a tinge of vanilla flavour. 
Cookie Crush - RM 14.90
Dalmatian 101 is a vanilla latte topped with chocolate chips. Both were excellent. Will be back to try others.
Dalmatian 101 - RM 15.90
A kind server who is alert and attentive to customer's needs.Thumbs up!
For those who like Nandos, you would love this more. 2 to 3 person can share this dish.

House Roast Chicken 
I have to try every tiramisu I see in every restaurant that has it.  This one is with Kahlua.  Nice. I don't mind it but it will be good to be given an option with or without Kahlua for those who are not for alcohol.

Tiramisu Kahlua - RM 14.90

 The lady server who made all the nice coffees : )
Looking through the mirror and captured some of the interior design. 
The buggy attached to the bar
The crowd

Gala House Restaurant and Cafe
Address: 102, Lebuh Muntri, 10200, Georgetown,  Penang
Website: www.galahouse.com.my
Contact No: 04- 2613118

0 comments:

Post a Comment