Friday, January 18, 2013 | By: Grace Ann

Madam Soon at E-Gate, Penang

courtesy of Penang Restaurant Directory
I love Nyonya food, not because I'm half Nyonya but its the richness in taste that attracts me. My first time to Madam Soon at E-Gate was fulfilling. I was fascinated with the small order notepad the waiter was using and asked to take a picture of it. And it looks like we ordered a lot by looking at those codes but we did not. I wondered what some of the codes meant.


The Sambal Prawns were among our top tastiest and then the braised Pork Ribs as well. My friends enjoyed the pumpkin cakes which I suggest to eat it while its hot or it becomes rather unappetizing. 
I poured lots of the curry of the assam fish onto my rice, something I quite like to do for curries that I like. 
Inchi Kabin was really good too. The Lor Bak was not to my fancy though. 
Wifi is available and service is commendable.
Nyonya Style Sambal Prawn - RM16.90

Assam Curry Fish - RM17.90

Deep Fried Chicken Lor Bak - RM 8.90

Inchi Kabin - RM9.90

Braised Farlic Pork Ribs - Rm16.90

Pumpkin Cake - RM4.90

Double Boiled Longan Sea Coconut - RM5.90


Visit their Facebook page:

Madam Soon Cafe

1-1-14 e-Gate
Lebuh Tunku Kudin 2
11700 Gelugor, Penang
Phone: 04 656 2009


0 comments:

Post a Comment