Monday, March 5, 2012 | By: Grace Ann

China House in Penang


Another heritage building in the heart of Penang island stands China House, a cafe, art gallery and theatre owned by Narelle. Name is all I know and have yet to meet in person. This is a unique building, 3 heritage buildings, linked by an open air courtyard for customers to explore,enjoy and be entertained. The Kopi C. Espresso serves food and drinks opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner.I went with my friends during lunch and we knew the servings will be big for us so we ordered two plates of sandwiches and dessert with coffee. I wanted to try something different than the one I had when they were at Stewart Lane called Kopicine then. All in all, though the price is a bit wee high, the food is good!
Roast Sliced Beef Sandwich - RM 30
Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich - RM 30
Both the sandwich is delicious in its own special way. The sliced beef was tender and both had avocado in it, and it was one of the best sandwich I've tasted. Definitely filled up my tummy yet enough for me to enjoy my tiramisu and coffee. Tiramisu was lovely, with the combination of nuts and liquor. I would not have finished the sandwich plate on my own but maybe some of you can?
Iced Chocolate Vanilla - RM 17, Cafe Latte - RM 10
Tiramisu - RM 12
Entering into the courtyard, and The Canteen is the other end.
The dark canteen as it was closed in the afternoon
There will be different bands or performers to grace the stage in The Canteen every week, stay up to date at their facebook ChinaHouse page.

 Beach St. Bakery sells homemade cakes and pies etc. The quiche is absolutely delicious. 
Only RM 8.


There is the Vine and Single at the top left with an assortment of good fresh wines.  The Art Space is a gallery displaying exhibitions of 'I'm not sure who' but there are some interesting pieces which I will leave the observations to you. So many things to see and learn about this place.
Address :
China House
153 & 155 Beach Street,
Georgetown, Penang.


183B Victoria Street,
Georgetown, Penang.
(Tel : +604 - 2637299) 

1 comments:

Sir Thoma said...

I constantly emailed this site post page to all my friends, because if prefer to read it then my all friends will too.יבוא מסין מחירים

Post a Comment