Thursday, November 17, 2011 | By: Grace Ann

Chatime, Gurney Plaza, Penang

Chatime has been a hit with the public for how long I cannot recall but I have no particular desire of trying the drink with jelly balls inside. I just don’t get it. Why are people lining up in long queues for it or what is so great about it? I drank once but it was not from Chatime, it tasted very normal to me with the jelly or as referred to as pearls.The ravings soon got its stint on me and the day Chatime opened in Gurney Plaza, one of my frequent shopping complexes, I decided to try it. We bought two flavours to compare, one was on the recommended list and the other is a new flavour.
I called on my friends to model with the drinks.
Top:Taiwan Mango Juice, Bottom: Banana Choco Smoothie(new flavour)

My verdict between the two is mango flavour, it tasted real good together with the pearls. They are additional perks of flavour. As for banana choco , I needed time to acquire the taste but it ain’t so bad.Mango cost RM6.90 inclusive of RM 1 for the pearls, Banana choco smoothie is RM12.90 additional RM1 for the pearls. 
I read in Timothy Tiah's blog on how Chatime started so here it is:
The story goes that this guy’s father asked him what he wanted to do. So he said “Give me a million bucks and I’ll grow it for you”.
The father did… and so he went for a holiday in Taiwan and visited this franchise exhibition. That was the first time he heard about Cha Time and he decided to bring the franchise to Malaysia. He came back and started 2 shops and within a month the franchise in Malaysia has grown to over 25 shops. Some of the shops are owned by him and some, by other franchisees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment