Monday, April 4, 2011 | By: Grace Ann

Carpenter's Street,Bayan Baru,Penang

Carpenter Street Cafe, named after a famous Chinatown street in Kuching Sarawak. Sarawak is famous for its Kolomee and my friend who went to KuchingLand months ago raved about Kolomee, eating for her breakfast, lunch and dinner. So when I went in to this Carpenter's Street Cafe, when I saw Kolomee, I ordered it. Three menus to looked at. Click for a bigger thumbnail.
Menus
Kolomee turned out not too bad, like the sauce but dislike the fact that there is so much mee and little meat. I prefer a low carb meal. Overall it's good!
Sarawak Kolomee - RM5.90
Ka Chang Ma Chicken Soup as I've read in other food review that its a meal for mothers after giving birth. A guy friend ordered it and instead of informing him how the taste is or the what's the story behind this dish, the waitresses giggled and whispered at the counter. I took one sip of the soup n nearly died *blek! I would only recommend to those who wouldn't mind paying for the sake of trying it out or unless you have a 'kick' for really herbalish stuff. And the chicken is also soaked in that herbal ingredients.
Ka Chang Ma Chicken with Rice - RM9.90
The laksa is not as good as Penang Laksa we get out there, but neither is it all that bad. It's a taste to acquire. So to each it's own.
Sarawak Laksa - RM 7.90
This is Carpenter Street and the details below. I felt weird that the cashier cum manager did not give a receipt. If i'm not wrong, i thought I heard them saying "save paper". Mmmm...is that ethical?

Email:
kooching.gourmet@gmail.com
Phone:
04-6436588, 016-8006717
Location:
 54 (Ground Floor), Jalan Mahsuri, Bandar Bayan Baru, 11950 Bayan Lepas,   Malaysia
Hours:
Mon - Sun: 11:00 am-3:00 pm
5:30 pm-9:00 pm

3 comments:

kumfye said...

the food there seems like so so only...

thefye.com feel free to look at my blog

Grace Ann said...

Hi Kumfye, thanks for visiting.
Yup agreed, not all that great.
Will drop by ur blog soon.

Grace Ann said...

Hi thiruppathy999, thanks for the compliments. Will do my best to upkeep this blog.

Do come by again. Good day!

Post a Comment